Monday, June 2, 2008

The measure of a man is the men that measure by him...

I just saw The Bucket List...Since I am writing a post about it, it is needless to say that the movie left a mark on me... Very rarely do I come across movies that teach you something... Now that my 2 posts have been about movies, let me tell you I am not a movie buff... I have gone an entire year without watching a single one... But if i come across a good one, I don't miss it...

Back to what this is about... Life!!! So over-rated; so cliched... But still, there's something about it that we like coming up with theories and our takes at what life is about...In the midst of growing up, learning, setting goals, striving to achieve them, taking care of one's responsibilities etc etc, one forgets to live... Have I "lived" every minute of the 23 years of my life??? NO... Why not? I don't know...

A poster in my old room said "In life, one does not regret the things one did but the things one did not do". No line could be truer... But you know what, there is always time for realization and change... Often, we accept the truths (supposedly so) of life but rarely do people have the courage to step up and do something about them... Watching two terminally ill people going around the world living and making the most of what they have made me smile... It made me think a little more...

I thought about the year I made a new year resolution to do one new thing everyday... Something I had never done before and how I stuck to it for the next 4 months... Then, did I forget or lose interest? Not really... I just became a little more realistic... Even today, I try my best to stick to that resolution at every chance I get... Many people spend their lives living at the will of others... Maybe it is sacrifice... But I do not believe in living a life where at the end, all you have is a lot of unfinished business... Make the people you love happy... But when you are happy, making others around you happy is the easiest thing in the world...

"When was the last time you lay in the grass under the sun, without a worry?": This was a question a dying patient asked her doctor in an episode of Scrubs... I asked myself that question... And I didn't remember...

Life is not as complicated as we make it out to be... Life is just about living... Nothing more... But the living is what makes it the most beautiful thing that has ever existed...

No comments: