Friday, June 13, 2008

Choices...

They are never easy... For a Libran like me, its next to impossible; actually its impossible to make a choice and be sure of it...

A voice once explained the reason for the most traumatic event of my life, in one word: "yes"... that might not mean anything to people who dont know me but trust me on this... I do believe there is a reason for everything in life... the most horrible events as well... I do not know why certain things have happened in my as well as the lives of those around me... But I know at some point, the reasons will be uncovered... So does that mean I am talking about divine reasons???

I recently read a book chapter based on St.Augustine's preachings and beliefs... The chapter ended with a question that made me wonder... It said that if we believe God is omniscient, then that means he knows which of us will do what and when and thus, he knows the fate of each one... But if everything is pre-determined, then what are we doing here exactly???

I believe in fate... My definitions of a lot of things are deviant from the usual (by the way)... I believe in Karma... Every action has a reaction... Newton said so too... But our actions are not the only ones affecting what happens to us... Neither is anything random... If that were the case, too many unreasonable things would occur just too often... In fact, there is a logic and reasoning attached to each event... It isnt as simple as A-->B... If I compare this "logic" of mine to a regulatory network (thats my computational biologist awakening), then each subcircuit would be an event and all the factors, proteins and other "unknown" factors involved in providing functionality to this subcircuit would be the Karmas... And then there are many unknown (un-understood) layers that add to the complexity of the definition of this subcircuit...

Next time you make a choice, know that it WILL definitely affect your life in the future... And it might just be the best decision you ever made... I trust my unknown layer called intuition a lot more...

TRUST YOURSELF!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well.. everyone has to go through life making choices, whether they are made by our own free will or by circumstances that are out of our control. the fact remains that our choices not only affect our lives, but also the lives of others around us. i once made a choice that changed my life forever and that of another person. i am a libran too and that choice of mine has continued to haunt me till today. and yet i live with it, because that event in my life has shaped the person i am today.
whether i made that choice of my own accord, or because i was a victim of circumstances.. i cannot say.. perhaps it was a combination of both, and a reflection of my personality. what did happen was that it changed one person forever, and i don't think i can forgive myself for that ever.
every action has a reaction, but karma does not define a time frame for when the reaction comes back to you. it could be in this lifetime, or the next. what i do know is that when i think of my choices today, i know that whether karma exists or not, in this very lifetime, it WILL affect me. and not only me, but every single person around me.