Monday, June 16, 2008

bitter...

So recently, I have become one of the biggest fans of House MD... As absurd as it may sound, I seem to find a connection with Dr. House... No, I do not walk with a cane or snap at everyone I meet... I am not mean or rude to every person :) Theres something deeper to that character that makes me think a lot...

He always says "Everybody lies"... I have always believed otherwise... According to me, every person is basically nice and good... That you should always trust people... That punishing someone else for something someone did to you at some point in time, is wrong... This attitude of mine has always led me to hurt and most often than I would like, betrayal... But for some reason, I know I will always think this way...

Mom always said "Learn something good you see from every person you meet"... This has made me the person I am today... I trust because I can be trusted... I believe people dont lie unnecessarily, because I dont lie... Seriously, I don't!!! That doesnt mean I have never lied but I have never done it if it wasnt to save someone distress or hurt... Believe it or not!!!

Coming back to House, I like studying damaged or screwed up people (reel characters)... Also, it makes you realize you are not as screwed up as you think... There are people way worse than you... I believe nothing in life can be worse than not being able to trust... Imagine not being able to be vulnerable and open up completely to that one person you want to be with!!! Trust is not easy and many people will disagree with me...

BUT tell me what can be more tragic than finding the person of your dreams and then not being able to make it, just because you could not bring yourself to trust him/her... And why??? Because you were too afraid or just too insecure??? Think about it...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love House too!
Although, I agree with him and I find myself relating to his cynicism and idiosyncrasies because I am quite like him. I guess I lost my faith in mankind a long time ago and I believe that people are always the worst kind unless proven otherwise.
I used to be like you, innocent and naive and giving people a lot more credit than they deserved. Then life happened.

John Sekar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John Sekar said...

To quote myself in blatant self-aggrandization,

"The reason people break up is not because there was a threshold to love, but because all the other things that go into a relationship had broken their thresholds. The other things like trust, hope and faith. It's a sad world we live in where love just ain't enough."

Sagar Patel said...

"I believe nothing in life can be worse than not being able to trust..."

Beautiful statement... motto of my life....