Friday, July 15, 2011

Its not what lies underneath but what you do that defines you!!!!

Its actually a line from Batman Begins but definitely stuck in my head. I used to think that noble intentions matter and nothing else, but I have moved away from that school of thought. A person might have a golden heart but might cause hurt all around him/her, due to stubbornness, ego or simply bad judgement. At the end of the day, to the people around him/her, what really matter are the actions. A golden heart will only take you so far! It isn't a bad idea to think twice when the repercussions of your actions might influence or affect another.

All people believe that they are good. No one in this world sits around thinking I am bad and I want to do bad things. The action carried out by someone that we perceive as bad or not-so-nice is justified in that person's head by good intentions or some justifiable excuse, most of the time.

We are all being judged by people around us, all the time - some of these people matter, while most do not! The people who matter will tell you when your actions are defining a wrong you, and these are the people you want to keep close.

As with most things in this world, actions and reactions are very subjective, but it might be nice to remember that Karma is a bitch. :-)

1 comment:

Did I say something? said...

Nice write.

I do agree that people tend to disagree. People tend to be hurt. People will oppose.I can also see a possible reason. People might be unwilling to change.

I came across this quote some time back
"It is not what you know that matters, it is what you do with what you know that really makes a difference!"